Covid 19 advice for GoAA clients
This is a summary to help you to keep the risk of covid 19 transmission to a minimum while taking part in the activity.
It is not possible to have no risk of transmitting or contracting Covid 19 between individuals but we can keep the risks as low as possible by following the guidance offered by this summary and the government guidance for all of us.
Please note this is a guide and further information on covid and activity groups can be found on the BMC website (for climbing/walking), BCA website for caving advice and gov.uk site for general government advice.
Before the activity
If you have any Covid 19 symptoms or have been in the presence of someone with symptoms – DO NOT come for the activity, get a PCR test, stay at home and self isolate. GoAA will provide a full refund if you have to cancel because of Covid 19. (See our Covid cancellation policy)
Symptoms may include :
- a high temperature – this means you feel hot to touch on your chest or back (you do not need to measure your temperature)
- a new, continuous cough – this means coughing a lot for more than an hour, or 3 or more coughing episodes in 24 hours (if you usually have a cough, it may be worse than usual)
- a loss or change to your sense of smell or taste – this means you’ve noticed you cannot smell or taste anything, or things smell or taste different to normal
Most people have at leas1 in 3 of these symptoms.
Travel to the activity venue
Avoid sharing transport with persons you do not live with.
Wear a face mask when in the vehicle if sharing with other non-household persons.
Open a window/s when in the vehicle.
During the activity
- Maintain 2m distancing whenever possible – if you are closer for more than a very brief period then a face mask must be used. Always keep your face mask easily accessible.
- Have your own sanitiser to use when necessary.
- Do not share equipment wherever possible. (If GoAA equipment is used, it is cleaned by us at the end of the session and stored for 72 hours before re-use).
- Bring you own equipment if possible and avoid sharing if possible.
- Have your own waste bag and take all waste home that you generate through the day.
After the activity day
- Clean or leave your own equipment/clothing before re-use for 72 hours.
If you develop any covid symptoms let us know immediately. We will inform all other participants to get tested and self isolate.